Minimal Access Cranial Suspension Lifts: 5 Reasons to Get a MACS-Lift
A MACS-lift procedure is a minimally-invasive surgical procedure that lifts and supports loose, sagging skin on and around the neck and/or lower facial areas. Well-suited candidates are between 40 and 70 years old and still have skin that is at least somewhat elastic.
5 reasons to choose a MACS-lift procedure instead of a traditional face lift surgery:
1. It’s far cheaper. In fact, although pricing varies with individual cases, patients can expect a MACS-lift to cost about 66% less than a traditional face lift will.
2. It’s a safer procedure. Targeted, smaller areas of tissue are raised in a MACS-lift as compared with a traditional facelift surgery. Less tissue manipulation means less chance for complications. It’s as simple as that.
3. Small incisions in front of the ears and along the hairline at the sideburns make scar concealment a breeze. In fact, the minimal scarring you get from a MACS lift procedure will fade to practically invisible over time.
4. There’s significantly less bruising, swelling, pain, bleeding and chance for infection after a MACS lift as compared to traditional face lift procedures. Patients will also require only 2 to 3 weeks to fully recover from MACS instead of the 3 to 4 associated with full face lifts.
5. Local anesthesia can be used to perform a MACS-lift procedure. There’s no need for dangerous general anesthesia or even IV sedation.
Remember that any surgical procedure, including the MACS lift or mini facelift, is a serious act that deserves careful consideration before going into. Take your time and consider your decision from every angle. Getting a MACS lift can take years off your appearance, instill freshened confidence and generally increase happiness. You just need to be sure about the water before jumping in.